*************PLEASE READ AND TAKE ACTION*****************
Apparently VIPs visit Ustad daily and they are making him move towards people by banging on saucepans or whatever which then makes him absolutely terrified and angry….
Ustad is in an enclosure way away from general public – no entry sign
He at times is so far away, all that can be seen by the visual eye are his stripes – His enclosure stretches enough that from a distance a person would need binoculars to see him.
To get his attention however or to make him come out to be viewed it was stated that at one point “they” started banging saucepans and made him terrified and hence really angry!!!!
and I quote “And when angry being a wild tiger was very frightening And then he went back to the bottom again where we couldn’t see him” …..
So this folks is what has been happening to Ustad ~ While many of us were under the impression that he was not being disturbed by anyone ….let only VIPs!!!!!
**** PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING TWEETS AND ATTACH THE IMAGE WITH THE FIRST *4 TWEETS. THANK YOU!
.@VasundharaBJP .@GajendraKhimsar #FreeT24 being abused in captivity as he was in the wild.
.@VasundharaBJP is allowing VIPs in to see #FreeT24, he’s awoken by pans being banged .@GajendraKhimsar
.@VasundharaBJP is allowing #FreeT24 to be made angry to make wake or make him visible by noise .@GajendraKhimsar
.@TimesofIndia Cruelty at zoo holding #FreeT24 Ustad for special treatment of VIPs.
.@MumbaiMirror, cruelty in Sajjangarh Biological Park, special treatment for VIPs to tease and annoy Ustad #FreeT24 allowed by #VasundharaBJP
.@jaipurdailynews cruelty in Sajjangarh Biological Park, special treatment for VIPs to tease and annoy Ustad #FreeT24 allowed by #VasundharaBJP
**** THE FOLLOWING ARE A LIST OF EMAILS ID’s FOR YOU ALL, AS WELL AS A SAMPLE LETTER IS PROVIDED. PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTION FOR USTAD. THANK YOU!
Dr. Debabrata Swain email@example.com
Dr. H.S. Negi firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanjay Kumar DIG (NTCA) email@example.com
Nishant Verma DIG (NTCA) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr.Vaibhav C.Mathur AIG(NTCA) email@example.com
Dr. Brij Kishor Gupta
Evaluation and Monitoring Officer
Dr. Devender Kumar
THE FOLLOWING IS A SAMPLE LETTER YOU CAN USE , OR YOU CAN USE IT AS A GUIDELINE TO SEND YOUR OWN:
Recently, we managed to get someone in to see Ustad, and it was easier than we thought.
It seems that special VIPS are getting in to see Ustad on a daily basis. But what was witnessed is both awful and disgraceful behavior under the authority of Ms V Raje and the Rajasthan Government. This email will also be sent to the Central Zoo Authority.
1. As you are aware he is in an open area away from the public, yet if you are known you can get to see him.
2. The enclosure is far to small for a tiger that was once wild.
3. He only has a water trough to cool down in, he cannot swim.
4. They stated that he has a digestive problems and can’t eat bones. Tigers do not eat bones in the wild and shouldn’t be expected to eat them in the zoo, obviously the food is inadequate. He is only being fed Chicken, which is bad for all big cats, they need red meat. Ustad is also forced to consume pumpkin soup, in the wild Ustad would find a plant for digestive problems. Pumpkin causes diarrhea which in turn will cause weight loss and add to his medical problem.
5. While said particular person(s) was there, Ustad was asleep and out of sight but what they did was bang heavily on saucepans, make loud noises to purposely wake him and causing him so much stress and anger until he runs snarling towards visitors so they can get a look at him!
This is mental cruelty, again as in the wild, all for a photograph. Not to mention stress is one of the factors that will trigger his health problems, and this would cause it to be worse….
6. The Rajasthan Forest Commission make all the decisions on Ustad, obviously they are continuing to make bad decisions concerning his health and mental well being. This is unacceptable and no animal should be forced (by stress or anger or fright) to become a public display like they are doing with Ustad.
This behavior is unethical and Violates ALL standards of welfare, that Ustad is being forced to live in.
* Teasing, feeding or disturbing the animals in a zoo and littering the zoo premises is an offense punishable by a fine of Rs. 25000 or imprisonment of up to three years or both. Section 38J, Wildlife (Protection) Act India, 1972
We request that something is done to stop this ill treatment of Ustad immediately. We understand that after two years he cannot go back into the wild, but we are requesting that he is removed from Rajasthan for the sake of his own health and well being.
He is still being used as a pawn except now, its easier to tease and annoy him in captivity than it was in the wild.
This barbaric cruel behavior that has recently come to light has shocked the public internationally and it is time that something right is done on behalf of this Schedule 1 Tiger.
Please remove him from the terrible circumstances of Sajjangarh Biological Park and place him where he can serve the rest of his years in the peace that he deserves.
Ustad has paid his whole life bringing in money for tourism and subjected to humans, it is time he gets back the peace and comfort that was taken away from him.